Tuesday, February 2, 2021

"End of Day" Prayer ... and more



Greetings Brothers and Sisters in Christ at Pax Pres, and to all people,

Do you ever get to the end of your day and need to get the day “off your chest”? Sometimes the words of another person’s prayer say something to God much better than we can. This week, I want to share an “end of day” prayer that has meant a lot to me. It is written by Barbara and R. Kent Hughes in “Liberating Ministry from the Success Syndrome.” It has helped me bring closure to many of my days.

PRAYER AT END OF WORKDAY:
“Lord, I release this day to you with all of its events. Thank you for the opportunity to minister to (fill in names of people you interacted with throughout day). His/her answer is not found in me but in you. I must decrease, and you must increase. May your spirit continue to pray through me, even beyond my consciousness. Enable me to rest in the fact that Christ is praying for the situation and the ultimate answer for this situation is Christ's healing love. May Christ's grace place closure on this day and cleanse away any residue that would leave an ugly stain on my mind and body. I enter into rest with the knowledge that my body is the temple of the Holy Spirit. Amen.”  - R. Kent and Barbara Hughes

Dr. Tim Keller has also written a series of prayers for other times of the day. Click here. 
They include prayers: 
1) for waking up
2) before workday
3) for midday
4) end of workday
5) before sleep

Perhaps some of these will help you abide in Christ in the chaos and routine of your day, and even see your day in a different light.

In Christ,
Pastor Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment