Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Prayer: How Are You?


Greetings Brothers and Sisters in Christ at Pax Pres, and to all people,

How are you doing lately? Not just the “I’m fine” or “Okay” answer you might give in a quick, passing greeting to someone else. Really - how are you doing? A simple two sentences to God (see below) is prayer enough to ask Jesus to meet you in whatever your answer might be. One or more of the words below might be your answer - or “fill in the blank” with your honest answer. Please join me in prayer.

Humbly in Christ,
Pastor Matt


Almighty God,

I am uncertain, God. Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, meet me in my uncertainty.

I am empty, God. Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, meet me in my emptiness.

I am exhausted, God. Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, meet me in my exhaustion.

I am in pain, God. Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, meet me in my pain.

I am depressed, God. Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, meet me in my depression.

I am scared, God. Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, meet me in my fear.

I am angry, God. Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, meet in my anger.

I am anxious, God. Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, meet me in my anxiety.

I am lonely, God. Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, meet me in my loneliness.

I am ashamed, God. Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, meet me in my shame.

I am ____________, God. Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, meet me in my ____________.

God, as I walk through this valley of __________, let me know that you are with me, for you, Jesus, great Shepherd, are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. (Ps. 23:4) Why, my soul, are you ___________? Why so disturbed within me? Christ, put my hope in you, for I will yet praise you, my Savior and my God. (Ps. 42:11) Grant me enough of Jesus and your Spirit that I can say along with the apostle Paul that I am hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed; ___________, but not _____________. (2 Cor. 4:8-9) Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment